The Fig SO moelleux The Landais
Recipe for 10 sandwiches
The 140g Fig SO moelleux
- 250g red onion
- 30g butter
- 30g honey
- 30ml alcohol vinegar
- 50 slices smoked duck breast
- 250g slab of cooked foie gras
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 150g fresh grapes
- Baby leaf salad
- To prepare the slow-cooked red onions, sweat the sliced onions in butter, add the honey, deglaze with the vinegar, cover with a sheet of greaseproof paper and leave to cook slowly.
- Cut the foie gras into thin slices and halve the grapes.
- Wash the Granny Smith apple and cut it up into small sticks.
- Cut the bread in half and fill it with the slow-cooked red onions.
- Add the slices of duck breast, the grape halves, the slices of foie gras and the Granny Smith apple sticks.
- Garnish with a few baby salad leaves.
- The red onion compote can be replaced by a peppery apple compote with a few slices of raw red onion for decoration.
- Instead of shavings of cooked foie gras, make a foie gras mousse and pipe it onto the sandwich with a bag.