The Plain So Moelleux The Oriental
Ingredients for 10 Sandwiches
The 140 g Plain SO moelleux
- 500g hoummous
- 1 candied lemon (in salt)
- 1 shoulder of lamb
- Olive oil
- Ras el Hanout
- 4 Merguez sausages
- 150g Iceberg lettuce in strips
- 180g carrots
- 1 small bunch of mint
- 100g white sauce
- Preparing the pulled lamb: season the meat with salt, pepper and the ras el hanout and roast it gently in a 140°C oven for around 4 hours (the meat should pull away easily).
- Cook the merguez sausages and slice them up.
- Peel and grate the carrots and cut the Iceberg lettuce into strips.
- Cut the bread in half and fill it with a line of hoummous.
- Add the pulled lamb and merguez slices, then place the strips of Iceberg lettuce and grated carrot on top.
- Finish with some dabs of white sauce and a few mint leaves.
- Try using kebab slices instead of the pulled lamb for a version which will appeal to young customers!
- For customers who love “homemade” food, you can make your own hoummous and White Sauce!
Recipe for hoummous : blend together cooked, seasoned chickpeas and cumin, lemon juice and zest, garlic and coriander leaves.
Recipe for the white sauce : mix together Greek yoghurt (or fromage blanc) seasoned with a few drops of lemon, fresh grated garlic, shallot and finely chopped herbs (chives, mint and coriander), salt and pepper.